Who doesn't love a highly overclockable CPU? There isn't many of us! Every once in a while we'll hear of a golden CPU from someone, this has been going on since the good ole' Celeron 300A days when 450MHz was a walk in the park. As time has gone on there's been golden Athlons and Intel processors.
The latest processor to join the ranks of this highly competitive field is the Q6600 in the G0 form. With a lower stock voltage compared to the B3 stepping, along with a huge test field it seems clear that the G0 is a real winner.
In Australia you can pick up a G0 for the same price as a B3, though some companies are choosing to whack on a little premium which seems to vary from $30 - $50. While it's pretty much considered price gouging we understand that the companies do have to get rid of their B3 stock at the same time, and not everyone is an overclocker.
We all know that overclocking gives you a speed increase, but by how much? Is it worth chucking more voltage through your processor for an extra few FPS? We're going to have a look at the G0 Q6600 today in a few forms, starting at 2.4GHz and going to ?.
Why the ? - Well, at the time of writing this intro I'm still heading north on the CPU overclock, so you're just going to have to read on to find out what we get to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What parts do we need?]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 8 [G0ing for G0ld!]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- No, AMD didn't just drop the price of Radeon RX Vega 56
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure