NVIDIA had lots to talk about when it revealed the GeForce RTX family of graphics cards last year with a bunch of new technologies under the hood of the Turing GPU architecture, one of which was DLSS or Deep Learning Super Sampling.
DLSS is something I covered extensively in my larger review on NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition graphics card, but the only DLSS performance metrics we had to go by was Epic Infiltrator. There was also DLSS support for Final Fantasy XV and a heap of other games announced, but nothing you could repeatedly benchmark from a company like UL Benchmarks.
UL has just introduced a new update to 3DMark and its new Port Royal real-time ray tracing benchmark, with collaborative work with NVIDIA for a new DLSS Feature Test. This new test is not a new 3DMark run like Port Royal was, but rather a feature test for one of NVIDIA's new features: DLSS. The new DLSS feature test still runs through Port Royal but it runs twice: once with TAA enabled, and then another with DLSS.
The DLSS run improves performance, in some cases dramatically, by up to 50%. Sure, this is only a pre-canned benchmark and not a real-world game, but this is the type of performance gains we're to expect by DLSS-powered games, something games like PUBG would benefit greatly from. DLSS is something that is being spread out slowly but surely.
What we have here today is a run through of all of NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX series cards including the RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, RTX 2070, and RTX 2060 graphics cards. I've used our newer Intel Core i9-9900K test rig that is powered by a Z390 AORUS PRO motherboard, 32GB of Hyper-X RGB memory, and Toshiba OCZ R100 M.2 SSDs.
- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5GHz
- Motherboard: Z390 AORUS PRO
- RAM: Hyper-X Predator
- Storage: Toshiba OCZ R100 M.2 SSD (480GB + 240GB)
- Cooling: Corsair H150i PRO
- PSU: Corsair AX860i
- Chassis: InWin X-Frame
- OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
What You'll Need & How To Run It
How To Run It - Once you're in 3DMark, navigate to Benchmarks, scroll to bottom for 'NVIDIA DLSS Feature Test'
- Drivers - GeForce 418.81 Game Ready Driver for Port Royal
- 3DMark Port Royal Update - make sure you've got the latest version
- Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809 or higher)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Latest News Posts
- Cancelled Batman: Arkham Knight sequel story details revealed
- Ready Player One-like haptic suit 'Woojer Edge' lets you FEEL sound
- Tesla will let you rent solar panels for $50 a month in six states
- The Romeo and Juliet of Galaxies spotted by NASA's Hubble Telescope
- Microsoft and NVIDIA team to inject ray tracing into Minecraft
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director