NVIDIA had lots to talk about when it revealed the GeForce RTX family of graphics cards last year with a bunch of new technologies under the hood of the Turing GPU architecture, one of which was DLSS or Deep Learning Super Sampling.
DLSS is something I covered extensively in my larger review on NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition graphics card, but the only DLSS performance metrics we had to go by was Epic Infiltrator. There was also DLSS support for Final Fantasy XV and a heap of other games announced, but nothing you could repeatedly benchmark from a company like UL Benchmarks.
UL has just introduced a new update to 3DMark and its new Port Royal real-time ray tracing benchmark, with collaborative work with NVIDIA for a new DLSS Feature Test. This new test is not a new 3DMark run like Port Royal was, but rather a feature test for one of NVIDIA's new features: DLSS. The new DLSS feature test still runs through Port Royal but it runs twice: once with TAA enabled, and then another with DLSS.
The DLSS run improves performance, in some cases dramatically, by up to 50%. Sure, this is only a pre-canned benchmark and not a real-world game, but this is the type of performance gains we're to expect by DLSS-powered games, something games like PUBG would benefit greatly from. DLSS is something that is being spread out slowly but surely.
What we have here today is a run through of all of NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX series cards including the RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, RTX 2070, and RTX 2060 graphics cards. I've used our newer Intel Core i9-9900K test rig that is powered by a Z390 AORUS PRO motherboard, 32GB of Hyper-X RGB memory, and Toshiba OCZ R100 M.2 SSDs.
- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5GHz
- Motherboard: Z390 AORUS PRO
- RAM: Hyper-X Predator
- Storage: Toshiba OCZ R100 M.2 SSD (480GB + 240GB)
- Cooling: Corsair H150i PRO
- PSU: Corsair AX860i
- Chassis: InWin X-Frame
- OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
What You'll Need & How To Run It
How To Run It - Once you're in 3DMark, navigate to Benchmarks, scroll to bottom for 'NVIDIA DLSS Feature Test'
- Drivers - GeForce 418.81 Game Ready Driver for Port Royal
- 3DMark Port Royal Update - make sure you've got the latest version
- Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809 or higher)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Disney could buy Nexon, adding huge value to its gaming arm
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- OP Gaming Rangers Win The Faceit Global Summit: PUBG Classic
- Tigertron Releases Jupiter & Mars on Earth Day
- Zombotron has Landed in Stores!
- Header Bidding Manager platform breaking updates. April'19 release
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch