Taipei, Taiwan, November 19, 2018 - QNAP Systems, Inc. today launched the Mustang-200 dual-CPU computing accelerator card with 10GbE network connectivity (available with Intel Core i5 / Core i7 / Celeron processors). By installing the card in a compatible QNAP NAS' (or PC's) PCIe slot, users will essentially add two processors to their system for increased computing capabilities to provide a flexible performance boost to their IT infrastructure and applications.
"As QNAP NAS evolves to support a wider range of applications, users need more storage space as well as higher computing capabilities for their NAS system. With the Mustang-200 dual-CPU computing accelerator card, users can instantly boost their system's processing power, which is especially ideal solution for surveillance, virtualization, and AI applications," said David Tsao, Product Manager of QNAP.
The innovative QNAP Mustang-200 computing accelerator card (PCIe 2.0 x4) features a dual CPU (including Intel Core i5 / Core i7 / Celeron) with Intel Graphics. By installing the card in the NAS, users can effectively increase the computing power and transcoding efficiency by the same power as two NAS. Each CPU on the card has a 10GbE network chip with independent IP, allowing users to connect to external networks using any network interface on the host NAS. Users can mount host storage space through iSCSI or VJBOD for the Mustang-200.
The Mustang-200's operation environment is also independent from the NAS to prevent performance interference. Users can also install a Mustang-200 in their PC to empower performance-demanding applications (e.g. QVR Pro surveillance application) with greater image processing capability*. Models with IntelÃ,Â® CoreÃ¢"Â¢ i5 / Core i7 CPUs also have built-in M.2 SSD, providing additional options for faster and smoother application performance.
The Mustang-200 is powered by the intuitive and intelligent mQTS operating system and allows users to enjoy the same range of applications as seen in QTS. Users can install a variety of applications on-demand through the built-in App Center, import other app stores, or perform secondary development on the Mustang-200 to explore further application potential. The Mustang Card Manager assists in centrally managing all of the Mustang-200 (subsystems) installed in the host NAS. Users can monitor system status, configure network and storage resources, and connect to mQTS directly through the Mustang Card Manager for more detailed system configuration and application deployment.
*The QVR Pro Accelerator App (available soon) is required to deploy QVR Pro on mQTS.
Key specifications of new models
- Interface: PCIe 2.0 x4, Intel Core i7-7567U CPU 3.5GHz x2, Intel 600P 512GB SSD (per CPU), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 (per CPU)
- Interface: PCIe 2.0 x4, Intel Core i5-7267U CPU, 3.1GHz x2, Intel 600P 512GB SSD (per CPU), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 (per CPU)
- Interface: PCIe 2.0 x4, Intel Celeron 3865U CPU 1.8GHz x2, 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR4 (per CPU)
Compatible NAS Models
TS-2477XU-RP , TS-1677XU-RP, TS-1685, TS-1677X, TVS-1282, TS-1277, TVS-882, TS-877
- The host NAS requires QTS 4.3.5 (or later).
- TVS-1282 and TVS-882: Only models with 450W power supplies are supported.
- TS-1685: Only models with 550W power supplies are supported.
The Mustang-200 is now available. For more information and to view the full QNAP NAS lineup, please visit https://www.qnap.com.
Latest News Posts
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- No, AMD didn't just drop the price of Radeon RX Vega 56
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure