CLUJ-NAPOCA, ROMANIA (MAY 15, 2019) - Later this month, indie development team Rikodu will roll out their capacitor-crushing multiplayer action game Second Hand: Frankie's Revenge on Windows PC via Steam! Players will craft their own makeshift Frankie bots and roll out in a quest to cause a rebellious ruckus! Those who master the skills of bolting together scrap parts will engage in furious combat - solo or with up to three allies locally or online - against an onslaught of alien-controlled robotic renegades!
"We can't wait to bring the gear-crushing carnage of Frankie's Revenge to players," said Rikodu's Managing Director and Co-Founder Alexandru Palade. "We're excited to see what kind of amazing creations players will come up with as they dive deep into Frankie's junkyard that we will continue to expand with more modes and robot parts."
"It's been a long and exciting journey, but we're all fired up about sharing the game with the world," said Technical Director and Co-Founder, Radu Septimiu Cristea. "We're sure fans of all skills and ages will have a blast building, experimenting with, and crushing robots while exploring the various stages and their secrets."
Cast aside and ready to rise from the ashes of the junkyard, BAMF-bot Frankie is out for revenge against the robots controlled by megalomaniacal aliens that threaten his world of machines. Players use whatever parts are at their fingertips (or at the bottom of the dumpster) to turn their battle-bot into a menacing fighting force. Ferocious Chainsaw arms? Oh yeah! Heavy-duty fridge body? Yes, please! Teams of up to four can smash their way through missions to crush the hoards of oppressive alien automatons.
Check out the robot ravaging action in the new trailer below:
- Robot Crushing Combat: Frankie brings the thunder through challenging, satisfying, top-down perspective combat. Players must master unique part skills and devise strategies to survive the onslaught of vicious enemies such as Senior Cleaners, Formen, Boilees, or big, bad bosses, Juicy Joe and Le Kraque.
- Customize Machines of Carnage: With dozens of parts to choose from, each with their own distinct look, attributes, and abilities, players can create a robot warrior to fit their own playstyle. Wack enemies with a tennis ball launcher, repair damage quickly with a defibrillator head, tank for the team with a boiler body - anything to become the ultimate gear-crunching bot.
- Home is Where the Microprocessor is: Strategize in The Hideout, the player's personal headquarters. Players can deck it out in the finest scraps and junkyard treasures to give it that homely feel, perfect for conjuring up the most oil-thirsty revenge plots.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: Although the mass of mechanical meanies may seem daunting, local and online co-operative gameplay with up to four players helps cut them down to size with ease.
Second Hand: Frankie's Revenge will be available on Windows PC through Steam Early Access on May 28 and will receive periodic content updates in the form of new robot parts and game modes. For more information, please visit the official website here: https://www.frankiesrevenge.com.
Keep current with all the robot-wrecking devastation by following Second Hand: Frankie's Revenge on Twitter, liking on Facebook, and joining the official Discord.
A full press kit, including screenshots, logos, and new trailer can be found here: https://uberstrategist.link/SHFR-PressKit.
Based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Rikodu is a small team of industry veterans and newcomers with diverse backgrounds and a common mission: to make high-quality games that are tailor-made for maximum fun. Very selective on talent and collaborators, Team Rikodu is nimble, passionate and committed to creating original, high-caliber, quirky and fun experiences. The studio is currently working on their premiere title, co-op multiplayer action game and finalist in the 2018 Nordic Games Discovery Contest, Second Hand: Frankie's Revenge.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus Epic Store exclusivity deal made lots of money
- Next Call of Duty isn't called MW4, just Modern Warfare
- Tom Hanks says Toy Story 4 has an 'emotional' series ending
- Dauntless gains 500,000 players in 1 day, 4 million in total
- Mutant Year Zero new DLC 'Seed of Evil' adds new character
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer