Recently released data reveals that two-thirds of SSDs utilized in today's datacenters require an endurance rating of 1 drive write per day (DWPD) or less. To address these read-centric workloads, Micron is introducing the M510DC. Micron's M510DC fills the need for a high performance read-centric datacenter storage solution.
Micron's M510DC SATA III Enterprise SSD is a cost effective solution aimed at accelerating the transition from legacy HDDs to high performance all flash-based datacenter storage. Compared to HDDs, SSDs reduce storage bottlenecks by decreasing workload latency and massively increasing data throughput. Micron is marketing the M510DC as the first of its kind SSD with true TCG Enterprise level encryption. Enterprise level encryption is critical for banking, government, and medical industries. We have all witnessed data breaches and the devastating impact they have on these industries.
Micron has a large and diverse portfolio of non-volatile solid-state storage solutions. Micron's SATA portfolio includes the Crucial/Micron BX100 and MX200 for aftermarket client upgrades, the M600 for OEM Client Solutions, and the M510DC and M500DC for Enterprise Cloud/Web 2.0 storage applications. Micron's PCIe portfolio is comprised of the P420m for mission critical storage and the P320h for IO acceleration. In comparison to competing solutions, Micron rates the M510DC as having very good endurance, very good 128K sequential read/write performance, very good 4K random write performance, and an excellent price point. With far more endurance than competing TLC solutions and a lower price point than competing MLC solutions, the M510DC is an attractive option for read-centric datacenter applications with a 1-2 DWPD storage requirement.
We are seeing a transition to solutions that are more economical as SSDs become more prevalent in the datacenter. The M510DC follows this trend with a low price point, while at the same time employing a rich enterprise feature set. Designed for read-centric workloads, the M510DC will find its way into the datacenter, serving roles such as boot drives, VDI applications, content delivery and cloud storage. Micron states the M510DC is in production now and selling directly to datacenter equipment manufacturers through Micron's distribution partners.
The M510DC is a spinoff of the highly successful M500DC, with the only physical difference being the flash node. The M500DC employs higher performance, higher endurance 20nm planar NAND, and the M510DC employs more economical 16nm planar NAND. The M510DC comes in a 2.5" standard form factor. Endurance ratings and performance vary by capacity. Capacities offered include 120, 240, 480, and 960GB models.
PRICING: You can find the Micron M510DC 480GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Micron M510DC 480GB retails for $353 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25