Most regular readers of TweakTown will know that I'm heavily invested into cryptomining, something that quickly took over my life some six months ago now where I started out mining from proper Windows-based PCs.
It all started out fine but then I was expanding quicker than I could handle in multiple ways: I was running out of PCIe slots, higher-end PSUs, cooling, motherboards, RAM, cases, and more. I dumped $30,000 or more into the setup over a few months with new shelving, 9 of the same motherboard/CPU/RAM combos, and a slew of new Corsair PSUs.
This was all well and good as it was winter in Australia, but then the warmer weather started as we began to spin into summer and I had to change it all over again. In the middle of this, the difficulty of mining Ethereum was going through the roof and it quickly started not being worth it - especially if I had to invest thousands of dollars into air conditioning.
Then it all stopped; the difficulty of mining Ethereum was put on pause for a year while the price of ETH itself skyrocked towards $800+ up from the stagnant $400-$500 mark it couldn't break out of. Suddenly, mining Ethereum became a very viable thing - right after I sold 20 or so of the graphics cards I had spend thousands of dollars on in that time. I put this money into cryptocurrency itself, making even more money, and then now investing back into my ETH mine.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [MiningSky 8-GPU Mining Rig V1 Configuration]
- Page 3 [Unboxed + Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25