Kaby Lake-R is finally in many notebooks and while we recently took a look at Dell's new XPS 13 Touch, today we take a look at a much different notebook. The Inspiron is all about usability and business, and while the Dell XPS 13 is super thin, the Inspiron 13 is a bit thicker.
This increased thickness allows for a better cooling solution, which can possibly increase performance. The Inspiron 13 7000 we are using can be put in a tablet mode and it has a 13" touchscreen. Let's take a look at what this more affordable Dell notebook has to offer.
The notebook has a few different configurations, but ours came with the i5-8250U processor with 4 cores and 8 threads, a 1.6GHz base clock with a 3.4GHz Turbo Boost. We also get 8GB of DDR4 running at 2400MHz, a 13.3" FHD (1080P) IPS Truelife LED-Backlit Narrow Border Touch Display, and supports pen and facial recognition.
We find two cameras both made by Realtek; an IR camera for Windows Hello and an HD camera. We also get an Intel Wireless AC 7265 card, a 256GB SanDisk X400 SSD, and a 38WHr 3-call battery. The notebook weighs 3.2lbs and measures in at 12.2"x8.5"x0.6".
Our unit costs roughly $780, but you can buy cheaper configurations or more expensive ones.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Heavy Rain/Detroit: Become Human will release on Epic Store
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023