Have you ever wondered how an enterprise-grade CPU does with consumer workloads? Well, today you will find out just that. We take two Intel Xeon Scalable processors, two Xeon Gold 6154 processors, run some workstation benchmarks, and then some more consumer-facing benchmarks.
The CPUs are pitted against the latest and greatest CPUs from Intel and AMD in benchmarks such as CINEBENCH, SuperPI, and even 3DMark. We also do compare it to a previous generation dual Xeon system and an AMD EPYC system, although the EPYC system uses only a single CPU.
We won't be going into crazy depth about the microarchitecture of the CPU, but we will cover some basics. The CPUs each have 18 cores and 36 threads, and all cores are connected through the mesh architecture instead of a ring bus, which is much better for heavily multi-core CPUs.
The CPUs are built on 14nm lithography, and both CPUs have a 3GHz base clock and a 3.7GHz turbo frequency. The TDP of each CPU is 200W. The CPU has three UPI links and is capable of scaling up to four CPUs. Each CPU has 48 PCI-E lanes and supports up to 768GB of 2666MHz in six channels.
Surprisingly, the CPU doesn't support Optane Memory or Turbo Boost 3.0 like it's consumer Skylake-X counterparts, but it does support more manageability features. You also get support for AVX-512 (or called AVX3 sometimes).
The Xeon Gold 6154 Processor costs $3543, which is a lot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Dual Intel Xeon Gold 6154 Processor, Consumer Tested retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Dual Intel Xeon Gold 6154 Processor, Consumer Tested retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media