Today we take a look at two of AMD's more recent 2000-series of Ryzen processors. Using the new 12nm LP process, we see boosts in clock frequency and a reduction in cache and DRAM latencies. Together these improvements should definitely kick things up a notch, and since all the SKUs can overclock, the 2700 and 2600 are great value options compared to their 2700X and 2600X big brothers.
Today we will look at two new CPUs, the 2700X and 2600X, but AMD is also releasing the 2700 and 2600 processors for roughly $30 less than the "X" counterparts. The first CPU, the Ryzen 7 2700 comes with 20MB of cache, 8 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.2GHz base with a 4.1Ghz boost. That's a boost 200MHz lower than the 27000X and a base 500MHz lower. The 2700 comes with the Wraith Spire cooler, but it has an RGB LED ring around the fan.
The Ryzen 5 2600 comes with 19MB of cache, 6 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.9GHz boost with a 3.4GHz base. That's a boost 300MHz lower than the 2600X and a base 200MHz lower. The CPU comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler.
The Ryzen 7 2700 costs $294, and the Ryzen 5 2600 costs $189.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake & MoreI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media