Today we are taking a look at a Razer notebook for the first time, and it's a pretty interesting one. Over the years Razer has developed a cult following much like Apple, and for a good reason.
Razer takes their time with their notebook development and aims to release a product that overcomes many obstacles that day-zero launch products might encounter such as overheating. In fact, we are reviewing their 7th generation notebook today while they just launched their 8th generation products, albeit they launched 8th gen a few months later than their competitors.
The Blade Pro uses a 17.3" 120Hz 1080P gaming monitor combined with a GTX 1060 6GB and i7-7700HQ. We believe that Razer picked the GTX 1060 to keep things thin. The notebook comes with 16GB of dual channel memory, a 256GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. Since the notebook uses both the Killer 1535 WIFI controller and E2500 NIC, you get to utilize Killer's DoubleShot Pro, which lets you kind of combine the two NICs. The keyboard offers RGB support with individual key adjustment powered by Razer Chroma. The notebook uses a 70Wh battery and weighs 6.78lbs. The notebook measures in at 0.88"x16.7"x11" (HxWxD).
The Blade Pro in our configuration chimes in at $2,299.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Eliminate Your Enemies With Long Range Precision With The Sniper Class In Breach
- Arc System Works and PQube announce Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary Edition
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices