Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
Getting started with the Linkstation, we go through the setup by first changing the admin password.
Next up, you have the ability to create additional users.
Finally, we choose what RAID mode our drives should be set in. Buffalo does offer some explanation under each RAID mode listed. They also tell you what your usable capacity will be next to the RAID mode.
Like competing platforms and many DIY solutions, Buffalo has updated their platform to take advantage of a desktop interface. This is a customizable space allowing for streamlined and easy management of your storage.
The file explorer built into the new interface allows you to upload, download and create delete edit new folders similar to any modern file manager.
Disk Info offers a little more information on the status of your drives.
Disk Manager allows you to switch RAID modes on the internal drives and access information about external drives connected via USB 3.0
System Settings gives you a broad range of items to move through. These include info about your device in the top row followed by network service and system functionality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Linkstation 520 NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- EVGA teases GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin graphics card
- AMD Ryzen 9 3850X: Zen 2 with 16C/32T at 5.1GHz for $499
- AMD's next-gen Navi rumor: RTX 2080 performance for $249
- Doom dev John Romero to reveal new FPS tomorrow
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- H61 Ivy Bridge upgrade issue
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC