Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
Getting started with the Linkstation, we go through the setup by first changing the admin password.
Next up, you have the ability to create additional users.
Finally, we choose what RAID mode our drives should be set in. Buffalo does offer some explanation under each RAID mode listed. They also tell you what your usable capacity will be next to the RAID mode.
Like competing platforms and many DIY solutions, Buffalo has updated their platform to take advantage of a desktop interface. This is a customizable space allowing for streamlined and easy management of your storage.
The file explorer built into the new interface allows you to upload, download and create delete edit new folders similar to any modern file manager.
Disk Info offers a little more information on the status of your drives.
Disk Manager allows you to switch RAID modes on the internal drives and access information about external drives connected via USB 3.0
System Settings gives you a broad range of items to move through. These include info about your device in the top row followed by network service and system functionality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Linkstation 520 NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- No, AMD didn't just drop the price of Radeon RX Vega 56
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Teatime Games Launches Face-To-Face Mobile Platform Designed To Make Gaming Social Again
- Touhou Luna Nights Update & End of Early Access Coming February 26th!
- ENP GAMES, match-3, mobile puzzle game 'Candyholic' IOS version launched globally
- Bold New World Launch and Trailer
- Overwatch Paris map now available!