Inside the Hermes M3 RGB
Since this is a keyboard with low-profile switches, the keycaps are also low-profile, about half the height of the standard switch keycaps. Each cap uses two legs which insert into the top of the switch, while the more extended caps have additional clips outside of them for support as well as connectivity to the torsion bars.
All of the switches found on this Hermes M3 RGB are low-profile brown switches. While there is a cursive "D" logo on each, if we are not mistaken, the second logo is for Kailh switches. The top of the switch bodies are clear to allow the RGB lighting to go inside of the switch, and we see that the torsion bars are exposed.
Ten screws hold the top plate to the plastic frame below it, and once removed, we can see the support system used to stabilize the Hermes M3 RGB. However, with weight reduction does come a compromise, where a bit of flexibility is found, more so than in other keyboards we try to bend!
Finding a random location to get an image of the PCB, we find that the soldering is done cleanly, and while most residue has been removed, we do see a bit left behind here and there.
Someone did a bang up job of painting the MCU. So much so that we cannot identify it in this image or under higher magnification! We do know that it is a Holtek chip, and we do see ARM printed on it, but all we can go by is the specification that it is a 32-bit processor.
At the time of taking these images, we were in the photo booth without access to the HERA software. At this time, the red on the left and the green on the right for the RGB backlighting was the best-looking thing offered. Keep in mind though, with HERA installed; the RGB LED possibilities are near endless!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Gamdias Hermes M3 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the Hermes M3 RGB]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- Netflix's Witcher TV show gets 1st trailer, Geralt is HUGE
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price