Nearly a year ago, I was able to get my hands-on my first Qsan appliance. Since then they have been hard at work becoming a household name filling out their XCubeNAS portfolio with the 7 and 8000 series of appliances.
Like the XN3002T reviewed last September, the new XN3004T is part of the same XCubeNAS lineup. This solution features a similar N+1 design offering Four 3.5" bays for storage capacity and a 2.5" tray tucked away for SSD cache. Hardware for the XN3004T is nearly identical to last years 3002T with an Intel Celeron Quad-Core at its base operating at 2.2GHz paired with 4GB of DDR3L, upgradable to 8GB via SO-DIMM.
Peak internal capacity is rated at 58TB using 14TB drives in the 3.5" bays and 2TB drive in the 2.5" bay. With the recent addition of 16TB drives to Seagate's IronWolf portfolio, capacity has now increased to 64TB across the 4 3.5" bays.
Qsan Storage Management 3.0 or QSM 3.0 is the operating system for the XCube platform and our XN3004T. This firmware platform is based on the Linux Kernel with fine-tuning and ZFS file system support. This offers powerful storage capabilities along with reliability and protection against data corruption.
MSRP of the four-bay XN3004T comes in at $799.99 with a two-year warranty.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google DeepMind co-founder OUT over 'controversy' over his AI projects
- Valve teams with Perfect World for 'Steam China' for Chinese gamers
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su says CrossFire is 'not a significant focus'
- Yes, the V-shaped PlayStation 5 dev kit is real says game developer
- Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer won't be forced into the game
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems