Introduction: All Roads Lead To Rome
AMD has just launched its next-gen EPYC Rome CPUs under the new Zen 2 architecture, and boy are there some serious improvements here that is going to drive AMD's market share in the datacenter, and beyond.
The new EPYC family of CPUs are made on the same 7nm node that AMD is using on its new Ryzen 3000 series of processors as well as the new Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700. Since the new EPYC Rome chips are made on the Zen 2 architecture we have a nice 15% IPC improvement just to start things off.
AMD's new EPYC 7742 in Dr. Lisa Su's own words becomes the highest performance x86 processor in the world.
A refresher course on the new Zen 2 architecture and 7nm node.
- Page 1 [Introduction: All Roads Lead To Rome]
- Page 2 [EPYC Rome Family of CPUs]
- Page 3 [Dominating Intel with Record Breaking Performance]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung foldable smartphone patents show interesting new designs
- Google DeepMind co-founder OUT over 'controversy' over his AI projects
- Valve teams with Perfect World for 'Steam China' for Chinese gamers
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su says CrossFire is 'not a significant focus'
- Yes, the V-shaped PlayStation 5 dev kit is real says game developer
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems