This guide has been commissioned by SuperO to help explain and give tips on their brand-new software application, the SuperO Booster.
Many of you might know Supermicro as the server company founded over 20 years ago in Silicon Valley, but more recently, Supermicro gave birth to a subsidiary called SuperO. The same high-quality components, engineering expertise, and reliability Supermicro server customers have come to expect can be found on SuperO gaming motherboards. SuperO makes more than just motherboards, but today we will focus on their latest motherboard software application, the SuperO Booster.
While we have seen many generations of Supermicro/SuperO motherboards, until recently, almost all changes had to be made in the UEFI. There was almost no software bundled with their motherboards. Everything from enabling XMP to setting fan control curves had to be done in the UEFI, and that alienated many users. While many of us (enthusiasts) are quite happy with entering the UEFI to overclock, to change boot drive order, or to change fan control schemes, a lot of users are afraid of changing something by accident and damaging their hardware.
One reason motherboard vendors create software is to cater to the majority of buyers who never enter the UEFI for anything more than changing boot drive order. Intel saw this trend as well and created their XTU application for overclocking, but each vendor also has their specialized software that is custom tailored for their product.
The SuperO Booster is designed to facilitate everything from overclocking to controlling your fans. The software will allow you to overclock the CPU and memory, enable XMP, change voltages, control fans headers, and even update the UEFI all from Windows 10. Some of these tasks will require rebooting, but not all. For instance, you can change the CPU voltage, LLC, and multiplier without even having to reboot. Let's take a look at the software.
The motherboard I used is the C7Z270-PG. If you hadn't figured it out, the PG stands for Pro Gaming, and the motherboard is designed to facilitate x16/x16 for two GPUs or x8 each slot for four GPUs. It's a very high-end motherboard and offers a slew of features as well as excellent power delivery. Features in the SuperO Booster application might change depending on the model of motherboard used.
Where to Find the SuperO Booster
To download the software, you just need to find your motherboard's product page on the SuperO website, and then navigate to the "Downloads" page. Once you reach your motherboard's "Downloads" page, you will need to choose the "Driver" tab, and select your OS. For now, the SuperO Booster utility is in its infancy and is only supported under Windows 10. SuperO also wants your feedback on the product, so if you want multi-OS support let them know in our comments section or their social media (e.g. Facebook or Twitter).
Once you click the download button, you will be redirected to an FTP directory. You will see many files, but the only one you need is the SOBinstall ZIP file. Clicking the ZIP file will produce a download prompt. There is currently a link on the SuperO landing page, it creates a pop-up Window with the FTP Window you see above, so if it's not coming up you will need to enable pop-ups. SuperO has a guide/manual that details many of the settings in the software; it can be found on the FTP page.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the SuperO Booster Application]
- Page 2 [Software Walkthrough and BIOS Update]
- Page 3 [CPU and Memory Overclocking]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card